A colourless, odourless and tasteless gas. Supplied in high pressure steel cylinders.
USES AND FEATURES
- In combination with a fuel gas such as acetylene, hydrogen or LPG, it is used in welding, cutting, brazing, hardening, scarfing, flame cleaning and heating.
- Oxygen is used in the manufacture of steel, glass, ethylene oxide, methanol, acrolein, titanium dioxide, vinyl acetate and synthesis gas.
- Oxygen can be considered for use in any chemical reaction where air is used to give faster reaction time and higher yields. A typical use would be in the treatment of refuse and effluent.
- Ultra and high purity oxygen are used in laboratories, in process control operations and in metal analysis instruments and oxidation in semi-conductor production.
- Oxygen is widely used in medical treatment of respiratory disorders, anaesthetic and hyperbaric chambers.